We are committed to protecting your privacy.
We appreciate you may have concerns with regard to our use of your personal information. We will do everything within our power to ensure we maintain the confidentiality of, and security around, your personal information that is contained within our customer records.
We never rent, trade, or sell our customer records to any other organisation.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information to carry out our business functions and activities. We abide by the Australian Privacy Act 1988.
Collection of Your Personal Information
A Little Ray of Sunshine® limits its collection and use of your personal information to that which is necessary for the functioning of our business. We collect personal information from you directly for the following Specific Purposes:
- to communicate with you, our customers. We will respond to information requests from you and inform you of updates to A Little Ray of Sunshine® products and services;
- to understand your needs, as a customer, regarding A Little Ray of Sunshine® available products and services;
- to continue to develop and provide products and services for you, the customer;
- to personalise some of our products and services for you, the customer;
- to allow you, as a customer, access to limited-entry areas of A Little Ray of Sunshine® website;
- to identify and resolve technical problems concerning A Little Ray of Sunshine® products and services;
- to invoice you, as a customer, for products and services and maintain payment records;
- to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request; and
to protect the services, products or rights of A Little Ray of Sunshine®.
We also collect personal information:
- in a combined form (i.e. not individually traceable to you) for business analysis purposes; and
- through our social networking services such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linked In, Pinterest and Youtube.
We use this information to improve our service for customers.
Your Consent for Collection, Use or Disclosure of Personal Details
A Little Ray of Sunshine® will seek your consent for any new uses and disclosures of your personal information, before your details are used or disclosed for a new purpose.
We don’t disclose sensitive information about you unless you agree, or would reasonably expect us to. Generally we only disclose personal information to third parties so that we can properly handle your customer application or complaint.
In certain circumstances however, A Little Ray of Sunshine® will not be required to inform and obtain your consent for use and/or disclosure of your personal information. Such as:
- investigation of a breach of an agreement;
- contravention of laws; and
- an emergency where the life, health or security of an individual is threatened, or
the collection of a debt.
You, the customer, may withdraw your consent for collection, use and disclosure of personal information at any time on written notice (opt-out). On withdrawal of consent A Little Ray of Sunshine® will suspend or terminate its products and services. After your account becomes inactive, A Little Ray of Sunshine® will keep your personal information only for those purposes which are established by law, and for archival record purposes.
Our website is hosted by The Search Engine Shop on secure servers in Sydney, Australia. Some web traffic information we collect using Google Analytics and social media networking services may be stored overseas.
Accuracy of Your Personal Information
A Little Ray of Sunshine® will use reasonable efforts to keep customer personal information accurate for the Specific Purposes, and for minimising the possibility of making inappropriate customer decisions based on such information.
Customers are responsible for informing A Little Ray of Sunshine® about changes to their personal information. A Little Ray of Sunshine® will update personal information when necessary to keep it accurate or else provide customers the facility to make such updates.
A Little Ray of Sunshine® will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information against misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, through security safeguards that depend on the level of sensitivity of the information.
Methods of protection include:
- organisational measures (contract provisions, limiting access to need-to-know A Little Ray of Sunshine® personnel);
- technological measures (forms, passwords, encryption); and
- physical measures (secure server hosting and locked file storage).
A Little Ray of Sunshine® will control personal information disclosed to authorised third parties by entering into agreements which contain confidentiality provisions and restrictions on use and which limit the amount of information disclosed to only that which is needed for Specific Purposes.
Your Access to Personal Information
You can access your personal information on our customer records, unless we limit your access due to:
- a threat to life or health;
- a threat to other people’s privacy;
- frivolous or vexatious;
- legal proceedings overrule doing so;
- prejudice to negotiations;
- access would be unlawful;
- denying access is required or authorised by law;
- prejudice investigation of unlawful activity;
- prejudice law enforcement; or
- national security.
If you ask, we will try to make the process as simple as possible.